Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 04:42 AM
ALPO Whisperer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Originally Posted by shogun View Post
With all those airlines canceling/postponing their orders left and right, I would think that if NK really wants to get those 320s early they could without a problem.Airbus would be really happy to reallocate some delivery slots to them. Me thinks it's just some good company propaganda to try to keep the hopes up for everybody.............
The big problem right now is that the financers are looking at the health of the aviation industry as a whole. Analysts are predicting that the industry could suffer world-wide throughout the rest of this year. The financiers may be reluctant to lend money to this particular industry right now.

While it may be true that NK is making money as an individual airline, the players at Indigo and Oaktree will have to go above and beyond to convince financiers that NK deserves money for those jets. I'm not saying its impossible for NK, but they have to make a strong case as to why we deserve money rather than others in a very tight credit market.

I will try to remain optimistic that they can find a way to pony up and snake charm the financiers. It's times like these that I wish NK had a bigger market share than 0.75%. It would give us more leverage to get those dollars. Keep in mind that we're not only competing against airlines, but we're also competing against suppliers, maintenance operators, and others that may want to seek their opportunities to grow their businesses in this brutal industry.

One thing that would help us make our case is a wad of cash sitting in an account somewhere....cash is indeed king!