View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 10:10 AM
tsquare
No longer cares

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
If I ever see Richard Bloch, I'll ask him WTFWYT with ignoring status quo and using future attrition as an equity while ignoring aircraft retirements and growth? How did anything you do recognize the present REAL equity of status quo? My nose will be about 1/8th an inch from his, I am taller than he is, and I will do my best not to spit when I speak.

The very truth of what I write is evident as those issues (aircraft retirements, who gets the growth, and base moves) are the most common topics on the web boards. It is self evident that the award did not recognize status quo and the majority of pilots are now out of position for their number.

As for the pilots, you are correct, there is no need to be angry at them unless they really rub it in.

Frankly, I will be surprised if Richard Bloch is selected again by an organized labor group. He went so far off the reservation that he is now considered highly unpredictable.

I'm with ACL that the fences may come down rather than have a battle over nearly nothing. There is little need for them, inasmuch as the 787 we want will not arrive until after the fence and the 787 is a 767 replacement. It really has nothing to do with the 777. The 777-300 is a 747 replacement, IMHO.
Spot on......

Mr Bloch... you sir, are an idiot.