View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Phantom Flyer
Snakes & Nape

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B-767 Captain
Default Delta Incident - Bangor, ME

If any of the Delta pilots on this forum can provide any accurate information on the 767 diversion and landing in Bangor, ME on 5 May, 2009, I'd like to talk to you, either on this forum or by PM.

The A/C was a B-767-300 (N196DN), Flight # 148 from JFK to Rome. Enroute at FL330, about 120 NM south of Bangor, the flight crew declared an emergency and reported the loss of "all air data computers and had lost most of the flight instruments." The aircraft landed on runway 33 in Bangor approximately 23 minutes after declaring their emergency. Another A/C and crew was sent to Bangor and the flight continued on to Rome some 8 hours later.

Before I go any further, this was a "journalist" reporting and so take his report with a grain of salt. In any case, it appears that the crew did a very good job of handling the situation. My interest is in the cause of what was probably an electrical malfunction and I'm really curious as to what lead to the loss of both air data computers,(IF the report is accurate) since the left ADC has a back-up power source.

Hats off to this DL flight crew and thanks in advance for any information.

G'Day Mates