View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 07:11 PM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

I think the guy is a putz.

As for the mil vs civ thing. Well everyone has their opinion. Me included. You could hash this out for pages... but to me... the biggest difference in military flight school and some guy going to an FBO or a mill like ATP's, is that you are expected to master an item by a certian point in the syllabus... end of story ... if you dont.. or cant... you are in trouble...couple extra rides probably but there is NOT a whole lot of leeway. in the civ world... you just go and do it again....and again..and again...until the guys money runs out or eventually he does get it. To me that is the biggest difference.... 2 years ago I was in a local fbo and there was a kid in there with 37 hours and he still hadnt soled yet..... that would not happen in a mil training program,,, and the aircraft the mil stud is flying is much more complex than the 172 that kid was flying. At the 200-250 hours mark I would put my money on the mil guy 85% of the time.... and franky by probably 1000 hours the gap is closed considerably .....there are ALWAYS exceptions..... both ways. Its just two different ways to skin a cat.