View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 06:34 PM
usmc-sgt
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Update:

Was scheduled tonight for 2 hours from 1700-1900 so i showed up and preflighted and waited for my instructor to land.

By the time it was time for us to go this stupid overcast came out of nowhere that was around 3200 with tops at 5200. We thought about climbing to 6500 to get over it and the extra .2 to find the clear wasnt really an issue for me but it was forcasted to come down and we were more concerned with the .4 extra while the tower vectored us all over for the ILS which I do not need so the flight was cancelled, kind of a bummer, it slows be down a bit but not that bad. I decided to stay and hang out in the plane and "virtually fly" while the hobbs isnt moving and get a feel for the layout of the panel and where everything i needed was and the owner came out and told me that one of his guys was stranded with a flat at an airport .7 away and if we wanted to fly and just do a XC he would give me a free .5 but i reluctantly sad no since at this stage after only 1.4 of multi I really dont need a 1.4 flight of XC in IFR. I like all the time I can get but there is no sense really throwing money away and not making headway in my training, especially since i can pay no less than 50% of my share of the flight It would have ended up being alot more than that. It would have been a $260 dollar flight with a free $70.00 but technically a wasted lesson at this stage in my training. soooo, that pretty much sums up my flight.

on the way home from the airport the bases had not come down and it looked as if it was clearing up so we would have been fine but, that is the way it is, if I had flown the tops would have come down to minimums right after wheels up.

I have taken some of my spare time and made flash cards and memorized the definition of Vmc and memorized all of the airplanes V Speeds my book "multi engine pilot manual" came in the mail today so I will read chapters one and two and try to stay ontop of the bookwork

Scheduled flights
Sunday 0900-1100
Tuesday 1730-1930
Wednesday 1730-1930
Saturday 0800-1000 & 1130-1330