Thread: Air New Zealand
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 09:17 PM
KoruPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Contract purgatory

Just shy of $70NZ per year to start. That is for cruiser on any of the heavies and right seat on the 737, and is based on 60 hours per month. After 60 we get a graduated increase in incentice pay, rising about 1.45 times the base at 90 hours. After one year and holding an ATPL you go to fourth year pay at about $80 per year, going up from there and depending on the aircraft and seat. The base pay for a 12 year skipper on the 744 is just over $240NZ, and the 777 is about $220. There are percentage increases for training, checking and flight instructor, so if you are a top scale 744 skipper, working very hard and doing training and checking, then the pay is pretty good I think. We also get meal and overnight allowances but these depend on where you are (how expensive it is at that station). All in all I think the pay is pretty spot on. The Kiwi dollar is normally pretty low worldwide, so for example my first year will be $49K in US dollars for cruiser on the 767 as there will be pretty much zero incentive pay. We pax around quite a bit so end up with alot of our time pro-rated, but it doesn't normally make incentive. None the less, it's an excellent company and the pilots are are very easy to get along with.

Hope that answers your question somewhat.