Thread: Jumpseating International, Which Class?

dojetdriver , 05-17-2009 12:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2006
  • Position
    DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV
Quote: As a frequent international jumpseater I can tell you CAL and DAL are awesome. AA won't let you jumpseat internationally, period. Kinda funny how they can ride on us on the JS but we cant do the same.
AA will let you jumpseat int'l, but YOUR airline has to be on their international reciprocal JS list. Most regionals are not.

Quote: Don't count on jumpseating back into the US, you can only JS out. Requesting to JS back in will result in a confused foreign gate agent.
Not sure what you're talking about. You CAN JS BACK TO THE U.S., JUST NOT IN THE COCKPIT JS. It's simple, and just slightly different than in the U.S.. You walk up to the ticket counter, or if applicable, the "staff travel" counter, and request a JS pass to ride on whatever flight. You pay whatever departure taxes apply, and head to the gate. I've never had a problem requesting a JS from a foreign gate agent.

You must be walking up to a LH, AF, BA, etc flight and asking for a jumpseat, in that case, yes, they will not know what you are talking about.

Quote: Hey Intl Jumper, K thats what I thought about coming back, so how do you get back?
Simple, you ask for JS form. As long as it's not on AA, and there's a seat in back, you should get on. And the standard statement applies, it's always the CA's discretion.

Quote: do you use your ZEDs ?
It's always a good idea to have that as a backup.