Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 01:48 PM
taylorjets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Admiral's club lounge

Originally Posted by ALPO Whisperer View Post
Agreed Sailor. I'm sitting here in shock that someone would have the AUDACITY to get on a public forum and call Ole and Puyear "classless" yet want to publish a slanderous book "naming names?" Furthermore, this same individual thinks they are "professional" and "doing a service" to the industry. Who is the person..Mary Schiavo?? That's absolutely disgraceful.

This business is all about INTEGRITY. It wasn't long ago that a captain and I were put in a bad situation involving a maintenance problem. I can tell you from personal experience that PO and JC showed the utmost professionalism and looked out for both of us. We didn't need some union rep to stand up for us and make the situation worse. The captain and I JOINTLY decided to tell the truth, not hide any details, and we found Ole and JC respected our integrity and backed us up. We were cleared of ANY wrongdoing.

Writing a book, about your former co-workers, slandering them without any check on the facts, is something the likes of which the "New York Times" would do...Simply outrageous..
Well said. Tell the truth, and everything will be OK. Some guys get into trouble when they start to be dishonest.