View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 08:02 PM
4440driver
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: A Desk

Thanks SkyHigh and Crimson for your input. It's a real shame that we are all in this situation. I'm the biggest airplane/aviation nut ever, but, I've realized to stay in aviation- you almost have to get out of it (If that makes any sense). I don't know about the pilot side- but it seems that the vast majority of A&P's are looking for a way out- is that just me or is it everywhere else in the industry/counry?

I didnt really think about nuclear power plants. Anyone know about training for that?

One thing that really sucks about aviation Mx (and aviation in general) is the way the general public percieves aviation. It's hard to convince a person that you really want out because it's so "interesting" or "high paying". I've talked to a few people that have tried to get out and it's hard to get an interview because of these false perceptions- HR people think you'll skip as soon as a aviation job opens. Does anyone have any ideas how to overcome this?

Anyone have any suggestions about writing resume's for outside aviation? Are those resume' writers worth it?

Thanks everyone.