Thread: Rotc
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 06:45 PM
HectorD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: PA-44 Left Seat :P

I was thinking of joining the AFROTC a while back and did some research. I read that on your sophomore-junior year, you are required to attend a boot camp during the summer. If you get a pilot slot, you are required to serve for 10 years and if you are not, then you can get out of the military in 4 years.
I might be completely wrong but that is what I read.

If you want to fly, I suggest you go for the AF since I have read they usually have the most slots but it depends on your class rank what options you are given, so if you are top of your class you can pretty much choose whatever you want, if you are bottom, then you are left with the scraps... probably UAV

And about the regionals, it depends what you fly and how much you fly. If you are stuck with a UAV or Helicopter then you are pretty much out of luck unless the airline you apply to accepts those hours which I think are not that many. but either way, being in the military does look good on your resume.

Again, this is what I have read through the internet and I can't be sure of its accuracy.