View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 03:51 AM
Tinpusher007
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 330 B

Originally Posted by N6724G View Post
Ummmm yeah. So youare telling me that your ability to act professionally is based on pay or how the company treats you? That is sad that you are dependant on others actions for YOU to act professionally. it doesnt matterhow muchthey pay me or how they treatme. I am me no matter what. And I am a professional and I wil always carry myself that way. Because to act other than that says something about my character, not the company I work for.
Ummmm...no! I think what he's saying is that he was acting as a professional and the company was not by not treating him as such. The FAA says if you are sick, you shouldn't be flying and it is up to each pilot to know their own personal minimums and not fly when they don't feel well. The company has reserve pilots for a reason. What if he had swine flu or some other contagious affliction that affected not only him but the rest of his crew and pax? As Colgan mgmnt said (throwing their employees under the bus) it's each flight crew member's responsibility to show up fresh and ready to fly. Obviously this crew member determined that he was not. Thats the professional thing to do.