View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Groundhog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Default Way out of line...

Originally Posted by bryris View Post
It sounds like Sully pretty much threw CRM out the window, was flying AND talking on the radios and whatever else. Skiles basically rode down with the rest of them.

As a side note, I think that military attitude of "sit over there and don't touch anything", is likely a double edged sword. It worked out in the end though, can't argue with that.

We can all dream all day long about what minimums should be. Minimums will be dictated on supply and demand. Right now, Colgan can adjust their minimums up just by using some whiteout, because they ain't hiring. Once pilots become a commodity again, that'll be thrown out of the window.
How/where did you come up with that conclusion?

So you're saying Skiles was a Popsicle in the right seat?

Who do you think was running the Emergency checklist trying to get one of the engines started? What level of priority would you give that? CRM generally dictates that in an emergency, one pilot flies and talks while the other pilot runs the checklist.
I'm willing to bet that Skiles had his hands full with the limited amount of time available to him, and a lot riding on his following the checklist precisely to get an engine back on line.

I don't believe there's any reason to question Sully and his CRM skills, or Skiles' actions.

Hog

Last edited by Groundhog; 05-20-2009 at 12:59 PM.