View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 03:41 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by For my son View Post
This so called "pilot" is the reason why we cannot agree completely in our resolve to fight lower and lower wages and quality of life issues with our employers. This so called "pilot" was probably raised in a conservative household (which I have absolutely no problem with). This so called "pilot" probably was in the military which is a government concern; and was probably taken care of in every way(healthcare, retirement, and social security), until he met the real reality which most of us face, here at the regional pilot level in our national airline transportations system. This "pilot" probably has a retirement; already in place and is not concerned with that particular issue. This "pilot" is probably very confident that he has enough old squadron friends, that he will surely be the next one hired at SW which means he should "probably have" even more retirement benefits. This "pilot" probably has a spouse who , probably has a decent job, which contributes considerably to his overall wellbeing. This "Pilot" probably has not a clue as to what sort of industry he has entered into and probably has not a care as to how he will be compensated in it. He has his own beliefs about how the business world operates and they are reenforced by his experience in the "protectected" military realm. I believe this belief system is not comprehensive in its scope and is biased. I also believe that this "pilot's" statements are invalid because of that experience and I hereby refuse to listen to his Ilk. In the event that I am mistaken in any of my assumptions about this "pilot", I still maintain that he is only taking himself and the rest of us with him in his resolve to maintain his current position. There IS a DIFFERENCE between being a "sharp" management and simply being willing to be absolutely, unemotional, tyrants towards your employees! That IS my bottom line; I will rigourously defend it and I appreciate anyone who will argue it with me! Bring it on!
For my son -

You seem to have a problem with military pilots.
I promise you that if he has all those retirement benefits that you mention in your rant then he has spent 20 years in the military and deserves everything that he gets and has defintiely "done his time" even compared to your regional world. If he hasn't retired from the military then he doesn't have all those retirement benefits you mnetion ut still has many of the other good things in his hand - like metworking. No different than someone coming up through a pilot training factory and the regionals who has made contacts along the way.
I'm sorry - but your post comes off at a rant at the military and makes you sound jealous.

USMCFLYR