View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Tiger2Flying
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Thanks for the responses so far. My plan all along has been OTS. Guard or reserve is not what I am looking for at this time. I am looking for a full time job and career to go with it. I know that OTS is very limited with somewhere close to or a little over 100 slots offered each year.

I may be on the odd side here but the fighter is not what I am interested in. I would love to be part of the AMC. Heavy is what I am looking for (airplanes that is, not woman)!

Bearcat, from your post it sounds as though this track may have a few more openings than the other tracks (I know that the fighter track is extremely competitive and the amount of slots available for a fighter is very limited). I was a little confused by your last sentence, however, "Hours means nothing and there is and going to be even more so a huge pilot shortage." I know that the amount of hours maxes out at 200ish for credit toward the PCSM score but what do you mean about the shortage? Is this a shortage of pilots to fill aircraft or a shortage of pilot slots available?

Again, thanks for the information thus far. I'll keep everyone up to date and I am sure to have more questions as I continue through the process.