Old 05-26-2009, 09:32 AM
MD80
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by RichieAshburn View Post
Ok, you win...even though all 3 paragraphs were ASSUMPTIONS on how the regionals will thrive, thus you're playing the odds. GOT IT??? You seem to think you've predicted the future, maybe you should play the lottery. Ever since the first RJ at Comair, it did not take a genius to figure out regionals would grow. After 9/11, it did not take a genius to figure out regionals would grow more. Why you think you've beat the odds is beyond me, anyone could see the obvious shift in flying. There is now a slow shift in the majors favor, we'll see if it continues.

You want to talk 100 seaters at Republic, okay. You're starting to see the junior DAL pilots make some waves on this issue. It will gain speed, as it directly DOES affect us since we own 47% of MEH. They will be flying routes that DAL could(and should) be flying. Our ALPA reps are already being bombarded with calls and emails. They are taking notice and know it is an important issue. I don't know what will happen, but I can say for sure that the junior DAL pilots will fight hard to protect our flying and re-claim what was given away by others in the past.

Please remember, if you respond: IT"S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!

The Midwest pilots wanted to talk to DALPA. Answer: Get lost.

The Midwest pilots warned DALPA about a 100 seat plan. Answer: Get lost.

You made your bed... you need to sleep in it. DALPA has been playing with scope language too long. See you at a regional. Good Luck.