Thread: Wings Air?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Vampire
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Pro FO

Originally Posted by airdett View Post
The Chieftains are in top shape, but that's it.
Good luck.
Just a bit of advice. Stay The Hell Away from Wings Air and ANY airline or charter outfit run by Charles Mintz and Robert (Robbie) Rupard! ! ! ! ! The management are thieves. They owe tens of thousands of dollars in back-pay and expenses to almost all of the crew members and ground support. The have written many bad checks to both support services and staff.

The aircraft are NOT in "top shape" Several of the pilots were constantly cussed for writing up broken things. It is not like the 121 world. They wanted us to fly illegally too often. One member of management was a retired FedEx captain. Even he encouraged us to fly illegally. I'm sure FedEx encouraged that kind of behavior, NOT!!!! I would not participate in that nonsense and was consequently called on the carpet often for requiring the aircraft to be legal before I flew it.

Their new venture seems to be called AvTran. The principles of the organization, Charles Mintz and Robert (Robbie) Rupard are crooks, plain and simple. They feel that pilots are a dime/dozen and they have no respect for the flight crews. They will ask you to front company expenses on your personal card and they will NEVER repay you.

Good luck with your search and fly safe .