Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 08:59 AM
BoredwLife
First Rule of Fight Club

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: My seat smells like cat pee

Originally Posted by RemoveB4flght View Post
I had them pop me for one on the way back from Lima once, they came onto the jet bridge while we were deplaning. She wanted me to sign the form and start the clock ticking right there. I explained to her that I was not legally back in the country yet, and that even though we have priority in immigration, if there are other crews waiting or not many lines open, it can take quite a while to clear. I told her I would be happy to meet her on the other side of customs and sign the form there. She told me that would be a refusal to sign and she couldn't let me leave. It wasn't like I could go anywhere in between. Finally we settled on adding extra time to the alotted window, but man what a fiasco

I had to laugh during training when the Drug Test Lady came in to speak to the class. Seems we spent more time on that than anything else. Just another hour and thirty minutes of my life that I can never get back.

She actually had the audacity to say "pilots think they are better than everyone else". My sim partner (former Pan Am/ATA Captain) looks at me and says "that's because we are".

She then had the nerve to say "a large percentage of pilots are alcoholics." Then she went on to stroke her own ego about how many pilots she had busted in her time and NK and how proud she was of it.