View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 04:29 PM
CloudSailor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Default FedEx, from throwing boxes to flying...

I was unable to think of a better title to the post but, I have a friend who is trying to get some info on becoming a FedEx employee to later, once things turn around, fly for you guys.

Just a few questions for those who have taken that route, if you don't mind answering...

1) Does one have to be employed specifically by FedEx Express to be considered for a pilot slot? Or will say, FedEx Office suffice?

2) Does the employee get to interview at the completion of the one year of service to the company, in addition to meeting the minimums for hire, regardless of whether the company is hiring pilots or not? Or does the employee have to wait for the company to be actively interviewing/hiring so that he can interview for the pilot slot?

3) What happens if the FedEx employee has to move to a different city/state because of his flying job? Is there flexibility for relocating?

4) What would happen if the employee has to quit, on good terms, from his FedEx job because of his flying job... will he lose all chances for the pilot interview?

Thanks for your time. I don't know a better way of getting these questions answered than to ask the guys who have gone on that path.

Hopefully see you on property by 2010!

Sincerely,
one of the poolies.