View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 07:04 PM
DLax85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey

Originally Posted by AFW_MD11 View Post
You're joking, right?

Only the 20 or so people who read this forum possibly even saw that info, and then probably only 5 or 6 of those actually read it before it was yanked due to it's top-secret/proprietary nature.

none of them/us were going to bid it anyway.

so......that info being read by 5 or 6 of APC web lurkers won't change the outcome of the bid one bit.

besides...all the nay-saying on this forum didn't scare anyone off before - and back then they were all bidding it as a narrow-body.

do you really think people who bid this are really crunching any numbers?

no - they're just a bunch of numbskulls who think living in France would be a dream come true - no matter how much it's gonna cost them.

I say - knock yourself out Bubba!
I think your estimates for the # of people who read/monitor this forum are waaay off.

While the # of routine posters may be a handful, the viewership is far greater --- especially on certain threads.

As I post this evening, the #s on this thread are: 26 replies / 4,415 views.

(I wonder how much of an increase there was in the CDG and HKG Google Group memberships over the past week, once it was mentioned in this forum? ...anyone in the know??)

Re: CDG - I agree there's a certain demographic attracted by the "romance and adventure" of living and flying abroad, but in these very uncertain economic times, I think most pilots are sitting down and crunching the #s --- though those that have never lived overseas may, admittedly, be quite ignorant when performing that detailed analysis correctly.

My guess is whatever the practice bids yields, the final bid will produce more junior results.

Thus, those continuing to bid HKG and CDG for "Capt passover pay purposes", still need to be ready to go as there name may pop-up on the final bid.

Similarly, I think the final FO slots will go more junior as many of the pilots do a more detailed analysis of the costs and risks of living abroad, especially in CDG with no COLA mechanism.

On the final bid, we could see a couple of the junior FOs in HKG (from the last excess) actually hold CDG.