View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Newryflyer
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2006

Originally Posted by deltabound View Post
The future of US domestic capacity is probably a shrinking pie overall. This probably lends itself to a well-funded, non-union start-up with cheap costs and cheap(er) pilots starting itself up every 10 years or so. Personally, I like working for a carrier that can hedge it's bets with international traffic . . .

Not to throw any flame on the fire (REALLY!), but isn't the only reason JetBlue isn't hemorrhaging money because Luftansa poured $300 million into JB's coffers? Kudos for channeling some of that money towards the pilots, I guess, but foreign benefactors aren't interested in pleasing pilots with their donated Euros.

Probably wrong on this. Anyone?

Don't forget that JetBlue doesn't pay for their airplanes or gas. Infact whilst I personally think our blue uniform shirts are gay they hide stains better than white shirts so we also save a ton of money on laundry. Additionally after JetBlue installs live TV on 300 continental airlines jets, it will be the latter who will be paying a huge portion of our pilot payroll. Every time a Continental passenger swipes a credit card B6 will be get a sizable %. But ofcoarse Deltabound you already know all this!!!!