View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:36 PM
HectorD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: PA-44 Left Seat :P
Default CRT and contact lenses issue

Hey guys,
I went to the Optometrist today to see if I could get contact lenses and in the half way through the examination he told me about Corneal Refractive Therapy. The fact that I could get 20/20 without any sort of lenses or surgery sounds great, hard to belive, but great nonetheless.

But here is the big issue, CRT is basically a harder form of contact lenses only to be used during sleeping hours. I was given a couple of "test" contact lenses today, and by god I could not get them on. I tried everything and my eye does not let me put them in. The only thing I did not try was to tape my eye lids open. I mean, I can touch the sides of my eyeballs with mild discomfort but I can keep my eyes open, once I try to put the contact lens in, my eye lids lock up involuntarily even though I try to keep my eye lids open with my fingers, my eyelids seem to have some sort of super natural strength. I am going to keep trying with these things until I get one in, but by god its frustrating.

On a further note, the issue with CRT is that each pare of lenses costs $1,000!!!

Has anyone here currently using CRT? If so, does it work?