Thread: Title Match tomorrow: Heavy Weight (Delta) VS. Middle Weight (MESA)

TheDashRocks , 06-06-2009 05:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off
TheDashRocks
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2008
  • Position
    DHC-8 CA Furloughed
[quote=JetJock16;622395]Were you a street Captain?

No, just very lucky. I was hired just in the nick of time. Many FO's did not have ATP fours; I did and was able to upgrade after six months. This was the last upgrade class at Mesa. All of the training since has been recurrent or displacement.

There are too many Mesa haters out there who just don't understand that Mesa's pilots have no control over their company’s current situation and Ornstein’s past shady business deals. Yes the majority showed no spine when it came to the last TA vote but that's where it stops.

I felt the contract was worth a "yes". I do not feel that the MEC or pilots have been spineless. I think it is easy to overlook the importance of eating some crappy language in order to eliminate a non-union alter ego carrier.

It would have been awesome to go from a marginal contract to a regional leading contract. I just do not think it was realistic to expect this. The economy and the RLA made this an impossible feat.

Hell, we at SKW have shown just as much of a backbone when it came to our pay contracts as well. The only true difference is that SKW is ran by one of our industries best CEO's.

SKW is clearly a good company. The high morale and financial state are indications of a well run organization. However, I cannot help but feel that SKW pilots benefit from working in a heavily unionized industry without having to pay union dues. SKW leadership is commited to keeping a pilot Union off the property. Any improvements won by ASA will be matched at SKW.