View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 10:52 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by BoredwLife View Post
I would put Large Twin TurboProp (Q200,Q300,Q400, ATR72...)as number one. Especially if it is flown as cargo. But this is an argument that has to many variables. Actual IMC in the Pac Northwest and Alaska rates higher than Actual IMC in Nebraska. Actual Instrument Approachs in a Jet at the speeds that a Jet flies at compared to what a single piston would shoot the same approach at make a significant difference.

But I have to agree with USMC. Some of my sim flights have been the most intense flight situations I have ever been in. But again the difference between being a student in a Frasca sim and at flight safety in a 10 million dollar full motion sim is night and day.
My comments about the sim flights were somewhat tongue in cheek because the sims I was referring to are my Emergency Procedures simulators and instrument proficiency flights where the worse tends to happen; thus my comment that I am glad I haven't had such interesting/challenging flights for real (for the most part)
I'm curious though Bored why you count actual IMC in the PNW or Alaska as more valuable time than actual in other parts of the country?

USMCFLYR