Old 09-21-2006, 02:48 PM
JesseSW
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Student Pilot
Default ATP website...

From the looks of things at ATP's website I thought uniforms were a given.

"Uniform Policy
ATP provides students airline-style uniform pants, shirts, and epaulettes. For the summer months, the uniform will allow for shorts. Each student will provide his or her own black shoes and black belt. A tie is not required. Students must appear in uniform at all times when at an ATP Training Center and when flying ATP aircraft."

I think a lot of people want to be an airline pilot so bad that they see the uniform as one more step towards landing that job for real. If it makes them feel better I guess let them have some fun. I used to work in the Hospitals and the same thing could be said for students wearing surgical scrubs. You would see them in the super markets with not only full scrubs but they would also have the hats and shoe booties still on. Once and a while you would see one with a stethoscope around their neck just to make sure everyone knew they were important. Sounds like the same type of people wear their un-uniform in public. It's for attention. "Hey look at how good I look!" I doubt a 747 capt would care if a 20 yo cfi was picking up chicks with his blue shirt and tacky Toys-R-US epaulettes. Then again, if he was single...maybe he would It's a crazy world out there.
I fly out of my FBO @ AXH so no fear of finding me in the frozen food isle picking up a hot dish.
Jes