Old 06-16-2009, 06:26 PM
L1a4u4r0a
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Default Continental (express) jumpseat out of Atlanta

Hi, I just wanted to post to see if anyone else has had these experiences, wants to comment, or can help in any way. I jumpseat from Atlanta to Cleveland and vice versa all the time. I have no problems on Delta connection either way, or on Continental express (either Express Jet or Chataqua) from Cleveland to Atlanta, but from Atlanta to Cleveland more often than not it is IMPOSSIBLE to get on a jumpseat. Not because of the pilots, weight and balance, or anything of the sort, but because CASS is ALWAYS down. This last time I jumpseated I was able to get a seat in the back which is usually denied if you are not confirmed in CASS but the gate agent happened to be very nice and talked to the crew who of course had no objection. Other times I have had gate agents who would not even let me speak with the crew because CASS was down and I could not be verified. This most recent time I was told CASS has been down for DAYS. I think it is wrong to deny all pilots jumpseats out of Atlanta for days, when the same courtesy is given on say Delta Connection flights. Now this is to you Continental, Express Jet, and Chataqua pilots, can you please please talk to your jumpseat coordinator about this? Is there anything that can be done? It is so frustrating to commute to and from work and my biggest concern is always if CASS will work or not, rather than if there are seats available. Any comments or help appreciated. I know that this is absolutely by no fault of the pilots and that both Express Jet and Chataqua pilots have always been very nice and helpful and it is very much appreciated. Thanks!