Old 06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
macflyer
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: Whatever my number lets me...

Originally Posted by StrikeTime View Post

I am not trying to help the Mesa guys out exclusively, where did you ever get that idea? I am trying to help this profession as a whole. I simply chimed in on this thread to address 'your happiness' with pilots getting furloughed.

And the efforts of George Washington were a waste too, correct?

As a mass labor profession and a single individual within an organization providing employment to thousands of workers I would like to see you come close to making this a possibility. Again, if that is what you seek, find yourself another career. For the rest of us, it is not an option and we must act as a team.

That's funny because you just mentioned you were frustrated in your previous post. I hope I didn't ruin your vacation.
Mesa or anyone, best wishes.

I know you're not george washington but you might be Obama!

Airlines are a business, like any other, they pay based on supply and demand. If you cant move freely to the next highest payer then the supply is artificially stable and they take advantage of that very fact.

for labor:

Mobility availability = free and competitive job market = better job.
immobility = lower demand and higher supply (artificially) = bad job
this can go two ways, either the cost of labor rises too much and the business shuts down or they take over the labor and life sucks as it does right now. there is no equilibrium.

I did say I am frustrated and I am because I have to work overseas for foreign airlines to make what I should be making at home.