Old 06-18-2009, 06:54 PM
iceman49
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by timjones View Post
Why do we keep hearing that the problem with the 447 most likely will never be found, when it is becoming obvious what the cause is (cough cough ... Known faulty design of the A330's ADIRU)?? Also, why does the media seem completely ignore to even a reference to the Quantas Flight(s) of 72 (or 71 for that matter), which would seem extremely relevant to the 447 investigation??

I guess my question is this.... Does economics matter more than our butts in the seats of these complex (and sometimes glitch prone) contraptions, or would a temporary grounding just be too economically painful for Airbus to bear?? I understand that they work perfectly 99.8% of the time and most will never report an issue with them, but is it acceptable to have to grit your teeth every time one of these planes go into a little turbulence wondering if the inertial unit will decide to go into "aerobatics" mode??

All of this talk about caring the safety is almost nauseating... If they truly cared about the safety, then why don't they talk to Northrop about truly fixing what they clearly have known for some time is a major issue... Or is the newest strategy to keep letting the body count rise while fighting the issue with a series of ineffective AD's???
Do not believe that AF had the same ADIRU as Quantas.