View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 01:40 PM
HermannGraf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: CR7
Default ??

Originally Posted by CaptainTeezy View Post
Your cousin has a skill that MOST PEOPLE cant/wont apply themselves to obtain. That is why at the lowest end he makes more than a new FO. I like the idea that ATPs should be required, but they arent, so we get a surplus of pilots with RJ courses from the newest civillian top gun flight school. They are the top 3% of the bottom 10%. And the FAA allows this, the airlines accept this, and the passengers are oblivious to this. So that is why a new FO is cheap. We as pilots have brought this on ourselves...because MOST CFIs only want to go to the regional airlines. I tell all my students CFI till they have 135/ATP mins and go fly freight. Trial by fire is the best proven test.
What?
I know a few 121 pilots with the same degree and they had to prostitute themselves to the regionals like everyone else to get ahead.

Why do you take for granted that most regional pilots do not hold a degree?

Pilot have at least invested 50K into flying and most closer to 100k (if you did not get it paid by tax money like the military guys) and that is pretty much what a lawyer or a doctor degree can cost in some places.

Many hold pretty good degrees. (BA myself)

The new pilot is cheap because the Regional was able to make pilot unions and senior pilots give up the fight long time ago with the help of the goverment when regulations was taken away.

The Unions and senior pilots in all companies should have been responsible for defending the status of a new hired pilot. The Regionals took the advantage of that without moral respect or shame and abuses the unregulated industry while piling huge amount of cash that makes it able for them to expand or buy other companies.

Now everyone blames the new pilots that are against the wall in this mess without real options and says its their own fault for taking the low payment. What a bunch of bs.!!!

It is easy to say that when you are ahead like me and the ones that say something like that but I would like to see those if they would be starting out today.

RAH makes so much cash that they dont know what to do with it and they are spreading it allover except on the pilots.

The unions and the senior guys gave up the fight for the new pilots rights and the new pilots do not have the option or strenght to change that until they get some seniority so stop blaming the new pilots for this mess.

saying that ........"as a new pilot you do not need to go to the regionals" "you have options" is funny no.......... actually pretty sad.

So.......... there are corporate companies for all new pilots to get the JET PIC asked by most mayors? No

So..flying cargo 135 (like I did) will take you to the legacy airline eventually? No, no way

so what is left for the guys?
I'ts a different time now and the old guys and the unions screwed it all for the young ones. Just admit it and try to do some changes. Stop caring just about your senior positions for a while..............

Last edited by HermannGraf; 06-23-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling