Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Puckhead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: CRJ900

I see a lot of inflation in our future. Were printing money to cover stimulus packages that some would argue are needed and some would argue will only drive us into generational debt. I don’t think you can blame any single administration though, because they have all really played a big part in this. Clinton started the housing problems, Bush who was not a conservative and was probably more a moderate continued and added his own spending policies and the first bailout/stimulus, and now we have Obama who is spending even more. China will not keep buying our debt forever and will eventually leave us high and dry. We can’t pay it back either right now and were only adding to it. Whether you believe in trickle up economics or trickle down, I think we can all agree we need to fix this and soon before it gets out of hand which it already is to some degree.
I for one do not believe we are done with this recession yet. We may see jobs return and the economy start to turn around but I would guess the inflation that follows this "recovery" is really going to do a number on us. I also know a lot of people want to say that Obama "inherited" this debt, but just remember one thing. Obama wanted the job, he didn’t inherit anything. Now I hope he does a good job and pulls us out of this recession but I personally don’t think were in a good direction with this spending. I won’t blame everything on him though, because like I said earlier they have all played their fair share. Only time will tell if the Obama administration's policies work but I personally do not see this ending well. Maybe the only way we will get out of this is by Americans actually being fiscally responsible on their own instead of buying everything and anything they can get their hands on.