View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 05:05 AM
SebastianDesoto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: B737 /FO

Originally Posted by jetslice View Post
I went to DCA, never have I referred to it as the "academy"..by the way, that place was a great experience and great training but 40k for CMEL, CFI, CFII and housing for 9 months was the dumbest move I ever made.No degree, job offers for 10$ an hour, and 800hr dual given contract that takes 2 years to complete. I will be suffering for awhile and I paid less than half of what those other suckers paid for the full gig. Guess I need a "being 19 and ignorant as all get out" bailout!..
I have nearly the exact same sentiment. I didn't pay for housing though. I am kicking myself for not going to Epic in New Smyrna. That's was a good flight school for a FBO.

I also said [screw] when told I'd have to wait 5 months to get into the CFI new hire class. The attitude there is "you should be willing to give up everything for your dream career." Being a "CFI was just paying your dues. Its not pay, its a stipend." Oh man, when those words actually came out of the mouths of higher ups and repeated by some of the students, I nearly wanted to vomit.

Its not the training that bugs me there, its that attitude. Its a disease.

Last edited by USMCFLYR; 06-26-2009 at 06:28 AM.