Old 06-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Winged Wheeler
Libertarian Resistance

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 757 FO

Originally Posted by atpwannabe View Post
The ship analogy was a broad generalization; granted, however, I firmly believe economically speaking, we will be in a better position in the next few years than what we were just a few short years ago. I am fully aware that not all of the present administration's proposals on stabilizing the economy are going to be readily accepted, nor do I think that the President and his advisors will be able to fully address all that ails the economy in four years. It's going to take much longer. There will be some tweaking along the way.

President Obama has some of the best and brightest minds surrounding himself. Geithner, Volker, Emanuel, Holder and Gates. Not to mention that he's no slouch either; teaching constiutional law for 12 years, President of the Harvard Law Review and list is long and distinguished. Again, I think that initially the govenment is going to have to step in and regulate, and that as the economy recovers and the private sector begins to stabilize and then grow, government oversight and intervention will decrease to a point that will support sustained economic growth.

atp
The ship analogy wasn't just a broad generalization, it was wishful thinking. Maybe all those smart people can just wish this away: