Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Spoilers
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: FO4LIFE

Originally Posted by utedrummer View Post
I would look into them real good before going to fly there. (start be researching some other threads on here about the problems that AMF especially in SLC has had) Then go talk to the FSDO.
I have done my research! I've read various threads on various message boards, I've talked to people that have worked there 5 years ago, 2 years ago, currently work there, and people currently in training. Some of them hated it and left as soon as their contract was up, some of them loved it and stayed for several years. I'm only interviewing in SLC, because it is the closest base to where I live. I can always make a decision after the interview. Also, if you have been out of a job for close to 6 months, you can't be picky and turn down interviews because of something you read on APC where your sisters ex-boyfriends Dad, his cousin's dog walker's brother used to work there back in 1989 and he said that one time in flight, the entire freaking wing fell off.

Originally Posted by FlyingPirate View Post
Same thing happened to me so I just clicked the back button and opened up a new application and filled it out. I did it a few days ago.
FYI: Ameriflight will be conducting in-person interviews in PHX on July 15, 2009, but you will need an invitation and have been selected for an interview. Also, when I filled out the online application many moons ago, I had the same problems, but one day it worked.