Old 06-27-2009, 11:51 AM
laserman2431
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

I remember a winter day a few years ago. I was on a break and sitting in the pilot's lounge. It was a miserable day with snow and ice. The ground pounders were spraying glycol and shoveling the ramps as well as loading bags, etc. Not a day you would envy those who get to work outdoors. A group of about 4 rampers came into the pilot's lounge to get warm for a few minutes. They sat alone at a table in the corner. They looked a little uncomfortable and nobody else interacted with them. Later, a chief pilot came to the table where I was sitting and asked "how long have those guys been in here?" We said " a little while." The chief pilot then said "I'm going to go make a phone call." Shortly after, the ramp guys were gone.

I don't know what happened but I imagined the chief called a ground crew supervisor and the supervisor called one of the crew and said "there has been a complaint. Get out of the pilot's lounge. But the lounge was pure again.

Think how different it would have been if the chief had gone to that table and said "Thanks for working so hard on such a crappy day. Can I get you guys a cup of coffee or some hot chocolate?"