View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 12:49 PM
machz990
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: 777 CAP

[QUOTE=dckozak;63525] What surprises me is the lack of comment on the fact that while our widebody pay is now on par with UPS's (all fleet) pay, the affect is with our WB/NB pay differential, our 727 guys are, effectively, B scale, relative to UPS. [QUOTE]

This was explained quite clearly by the NC. This contract helps to restore what was taken from the "hard time" international flying on the previous contract. When trip rig went to 4:1 all international trips washed out to 6 hours pay per day even when a 6-13 hour leg was flown in one day. All airlines compensate their widebody international flying with higher pay. This contract attempts to bring some of that industry standard compenstation back to international flying. As a secondary effect it should draw some more seniority to that type of flying. We can complain until the cows come home on this one and how narrow body guys got hosed but that isn't the case. Narrow body domestic flying didn't get shorted, there just wasn't as big an increase unless the trip pays TAFB which some do. Notice I'm not saying narrow or widebody pilots, I refer to flying. It has nothing personal to do with pilots but rather with the type of flying. With new hires going to the right seat of the MD-11 there is nobody on the property who can't hold the seat and the compensation. Same as some senior campers who stay in the right seat when they can easily hold the left. They made a personal choice. Well here is another personal choice....go fly international or stay home close to your dog dish. It's a choice all crewmembers at FedEx currently have the luxury to make.