Thread: MESA & Johnny O
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 11:12 PM
dckozak
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair

Originally Posted by EFIS COMP MON View Post
I'll chime in here, as several of you have asked why one would willingly work for a company such as Mesa, let alone someone like JO. I think it might be of value to explain my story, which may lend some insight as to why I chose Mesa. I'll start off by saying that, ultimately, my decision to go to Mesa was one of the worst decisions I have ever made. .............................

................To sum it up, I feel that life is all about making decisions based on the information available at the time...and then figuring out later whether or not that was the right decision. If it's not, you learn from your mistake, and try to avoid making the same mistake again. That's exactly what I've done with my decision to come to Mesa. I've realized it was a mistake, am trying to make the best of it (or possibly make a change to rectify it), and learn from it ultimately.

...so there you have it.
I can think of no better purpose this forum serves than to spread the truth (good and bad) about the profession we all work in. I say, kudos to EFIS COMP MON for his frank, honest insightful, reasons for working at his airline and pointing out its short comings.
Mesa airlines seems to be an experiment on just how low, we as pilots, are willing to go to fly commercial airplanes. I mean this as no slight to EFIS COMP MON or his colleges at Mesa, but...... this company is surly testing the limits of how little one is willing to be paid/abused/junior manned/pushed/etc,etc and still provide a professional product for the airlines they contract for.
I wish everyone one at Mesa the best. I guess everyone has to look out for him/herself because your collective powers (up to this point) have failed to provide even the most basic of protections most regional/larger airlines pilots expect. While most pilots have taken a step back in recent years on pay and work rules/benefits, this company is truly "testing the waters" as to how little professional aviators are willing to accept to wear the uniform. Shame on United, Delta, USAways for doing business with this dirt bag outfit. I hope it comes back to haunt them