View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:26 AM
vagabond
Administrator

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: C-172
Default Her Story

I received permission from the thread starter to post her story here, particularly since she followed our advice and posted at PPrune. My hope is to be able to help her locate Captain Abedini. If anyone happens to see an Iran Air crew during your own travels, stop and ask around, if possible.

There is a long story behind the request.

30 years ago I was a young girl on her holidays with family in Vero Beach Florida, Met a young man who was learning to fly a single engine plane as part of a new program of Iranian pilots to be. He was only about 19 years old, me only 16 but we became friend, we remained in contact for about 3 years, through letters and he even did a visit to Canada, He sent photos when he went to somewhere else to learn 747s.

Then all hell broke loose in Iran, change in leadership in the 70s. He tried to contact me once, but never heard again. Life went on, but I thought of him and his family often as I listen to period news broadcasts about what was happening in Iran. My thought was he likely didn't survive. But still occassionally I would put his name on the web to see what would happen.

With the new news in Iran hitting the tv. my mind went back to this young pilot of long ago and I keyed his name in one more time. This time a google search produced this Pilot Job Listing For Iran Air - pilotcareercentre.comCaptain Hassan Ghasemi DMD Captain Nasser Abedini A300-600TRE Captain Ali Vazeri fleet director MD82 Captain Farhad Kermani F-100 TRE&TRI ...http://www.pilotinterviews.com/JobLi...asp?JobID=2473 I hit the page and the link was discontinued, but it made me think he made it through the changing world in Iran.

I wanted to see how his life had gone. Did he achieve all he wanted, did he have his own family , as I did, I just needed to close a book.

If you know of any other possibilities for me I would be glad to hear them, I have emailed this pilotcareecentre.com but have had no response.