View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:02 PM
captain152
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by JoeyMeatballs View Post
One thing I would like to make aware to my Expressjet people is that if you pick up a trip on your day off in the SLIW, and then call in sick for that trip, IT WILL NOT count towards our A&R program and it will not be counted as a sick call.

1) You have to email Payroll after you call out sick so they can adjust your sick bank, because it automatically takes it out when they place SKLV on your Master Schedule.
2) I understand we have people on furlough so I would hope people would not pick up OPEN TIME TRIPS, however it is in our contract. Maybe drop your line value down as much as you can, even down to ZERO in the SLIW, then pick up open time trips up until your awarded line value, then any sick call you have will not count as a sick call

* As far as I am concerned if your sick, your sick, CALL OUT, even if you are on a TERM warning, it is ILLEGAL to fly sick and they simply can not terminate you for it, HOWEVER you use a lot of sick time, you may get canned on your first legitimate mistrip etc........
While I'm not with XJT, I completely agree with your last statement Joey!

I've always (and by always I mean the last 2.5 years) said that if you're sick, you're sick and should not be at the controls of an aircraft carrying passengers. END OF STORY. If you've got the squirts, the coughs, congestion, sinus problems, or anything, you're legally not fit to fly. If your company fires you for calling out sick, take it straight to the Union/FAA/Local news channel and get a lawyer.