Old 07-08-2009, 05:21 AM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Math Teacher

Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Well I won’t begin to speculate on his intentions or why he didn't do something but here’s a question for you. Should it matter what his reason was? He is after all holding a very big government job with a lot of responsibility. Why should it be ok for him not to pay and keep his job? Again I’m just curious what your reasons are since I guarantee we have opposing views.

Puckhead:

No Puckhead, it shouldn't matter; but I will say this.....I believe that those who hold positions such as Geithner's and any other high profile governmental position, probably have their taxes done by outside firms. That's just my guess. Given the tremendous amount of responsibility that they have, I can see where filing for an extension with the firm that's doing their taxes may have slipped their mind or something along those lines.

I also believe in giving people the "benefit of the doubt" unless they do something really immoral or out of character such as the Govenors of Nevada, South Carloina, New Jersey and the former State Attorney of New York. We as a country tout certain values and mores, and public officials should be held to the highest of these standards.

atp