Thread: Cal 'stinks'
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 06:27 AM
Jack Bauer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Short and simple, I understand what your saying.

Again.....a Customer has a choice to purchase a ticket from "A-B". When doing so, it is no secret that there are choices on different ticket classes/prices. The point that I was making is that if the Customer is going to pay the "Blue Light Special" on a restricted class ticket, DONT expect to have all the freedoms of flying outside the stipulated rules/restrictions that the Customer chose to fly on when they purchased the fare. If that's what he/she expects, they pay the $$ for an unrestricted fare and have at it.

Your right, the key word, it's a business.
Just to be sure, I understand what you are saying as well. I own a business and every once in a while I get a customer who is so ridiculously off base, didn't bother to read the rules, etc its all I can do to bite my tongue but I will tell you I do bite my tongue. For my business that involves a premium product, it is far better to lose even a couple thousand dollars once in a while than to be blasted on an industry message board scaring away hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of potential customers. This is the age of business where information travels at the speed of light as they like to say.

Here's a couple paragraphs from an article RE the "United breaks guitars" protest video that is traveling the world over right now:

Social Media Effect: Brands beware: disgruntled customers with large MySpace or Facebook followings, such as those who belong to bands, can be a social-media nightmare … especially if they can express themselves with a dose of creativity. This is Jeff Jarvis vs. Dell Computers translated into the YouTube genre. The number of views and comments posted in just three days—e.g., "My Brother worked for United as a baggage Handler and on the first day He watched othe Handlers open bags and steal the contents. He quit within the hour! Scum Bums!"—tells a greater story than one protest song. Unlike Dell, United issued an apology within days.
YouTube BrandWatch is The Big Money's exploration into how the world's best-known businesses, so adept at managing their images offline, are being perceived online, where control is harder to come by. Every week, The Big Money features a corporate-themed video that's had significant viewership on YouTube: some approved, some unapproved, some mashed-up combinations of the two. And we'll ask our readers to vote on how the video affects the brands. We think the responses will surprise you, and provide a window onto what is fast becoming the most important playground for corporate games. (Note: This feature has no official relationship to YouTube or its owner, Google.)