View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 04:50 PM
cardiomd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

After I got back, surprisingly a few people didn't believe me until I found the flightaware tracking log when searching on the internet, which exactly corroborated what happened.

I searched the news a few times, but as expected nothing made any waves. I searched the NTSB database, but after a couple weeks there was no incident report. Out of curiousity, I sent an email to US Airways essentially recounting above, and asking for any information which would be appreciated. I received the following response:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Dr. <CARDIOMD>:

Thank you for contacting Customer Relations at US Airways.

Regarding flight 1485 on June 13 from San Francisco to Pittsburgh, our
records only show that the flight left 10 minutes early and arrived 24
minutes early. Our pilot did not report any issue with this flight. If
there were a loss of pressure, the oxygen masks would have dropped.

We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We look forward
to serving you on a future US Airways flight.

Sincerely,

Colleen Brosnan
Customer Relations
US Airways Corporate Office

cpb

I wrote back providing the flightaware link as proof of the descent, and asking for any information, and certainly a followup to ensure that they are tracking these things. A few more weeks passed, so I sent a followup, and received today a call from customer service, saying:

"Dear Doctor <cardiomd>, just responding to your email you sent back to us and your concerns regarding what you said was what you said was a depression of the cabin and rapid descent from the pilots. We have not discovered any information regarding this incident, but would certainly if you feel you would like to discuss any further issues call (866) 523-5333."

I called the number, but it is just the general access number for US Airways.

To be honest, now I am kind of irritated at the tone of customer service, clearly not believing me? or completely ambivalent to the issue? I understand that they have to deal with a lot of screaming passengers and have a high threshold of indifference, but this refusal to take things seriously is concerning.

So, to the pilots on this forum (or the pilots of my flight if they are reading

How common is slow cabin pressurization loss?

My main issue for following up is how it happened -- will this happen again if it is not reported? I was simply curious before, but now I am concerned.

Thanks for reading. -cardiomd