View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 05:36 PM
sigmetron
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006

I have attended a A/C maintenance college for 3 years, ( 1 Semester away from my A&P), and another FAA "pilot" college afterwards for another 3 years, and although I had all my ratings beforehand, and have got a Masters and an Bachelors in Aeronautics. I and still am unable to get a 121 job, I was in a pool for ASA for six months, until yesterday, (I recieved a letter saying that there was a discrepancy in my application). In College, however, I observed the protocol that is favorable to corperations when it comes to scooping up low time graduates.
Simply put, in order to get through the program, they are conditioned TO BE PROGRAMMED, not that thats' a bad thing,(remember, "a good pilot is always learning"), but H.R. is sold that bill of goods that, unfortunatly, we all have to live by, because, H.R. believes they will make for a better investment in the long run. Just imagine if Harvard, or Yale procured a well seasoned oak barrel of an aviation department. Those grads would be running the aviation industry after 5 years.

Last edited by sigmetron; 09-26-2006 at 05:38 PM.