View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 07:24 AM
johnnybgood
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Thanks guys for your input and for all the posts. My interview experience was as pleasant and comfortable as they get. The panel makes you feel at ease and there questions(HR) are straight forward. The tech portion of the interview, I think changes per interview group. My technical questions went something like this:
1. Tell me how the autothrottle system works when you conduct an autoland approach.
2. Are there any type of protections should an ADC send a bad signal to the other ADC during the autoland approach and how would that effect the autothrottle system.
3. How do you know what Flight Control Computer is controlling the aircraft during an autoland.
4. What is a squall line?
5. What are the stages of a thunderstorm.
6. Tell me about windshear and the performance before, during and after the event.
7. What weather conditions are required to be reported to ATC during flight.
8. Holding speeds(I emphasized the 1 foot from 6001 to 14000)they all chuckled. I almost mentioned ICAO speeds, but I refrained
9. What are your callouts when you see the PF deviating(localizer, glideslope and airspeed) and how far off can the PF get before you say those callouts.
10. CAT I and CATII DH and RVR requirements and what airborne equipment is needed.
11. CRM and the reason, purpose.

HR questions were much like the gouge already listed. No stump the chump.

The sim was a 300-ER. Just add 5 knots to all speeds. They will brief that during the orientation. The sim is fantastic. Easy to fly. I came from a 737 and all the guys that flew the 75/76 talked about how great the airplane is and they are right! The profile is exactly what they send you.

All in all, a great experience. However, I was told that I would not continue on to the medical. A side note, my sim work was very good and I am not tooting my own horn. All of my approaches were on speed and the touchdown occured within the TDZ, that is the Japanese touchdown zone. The V1 cut was right down the middle and the SE ILS was good. The visual approach was just as fun and uneventful. I felt confident after the sim that I would continue.

All in all a great experience. No regrets. Good luck to the other 3 guys who are going forward.

JBG