Thread: Cal 'stinks'
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 08:27 AM
SoCalGuy
Keep Calm Chive ON

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787

Originally Posted by wheresmyplane View Post
No, they're not 2 completely different things. They're both about companies trying to stiff customers. Comparing it to a sporting event is comparing apples to oranges. It's not like CAL didn't have another flight going to that destination later on - they did - they made him buy another ticket. Why should he have to buy another ticket? He already had one! How many non revs were on the next flight? If there were any, that guy's daughter should've had a seat at no extra charge. He wasn't asking for a refund. There were extenuating circumstances that would merit a ticket on the next flight. Give her standby at least. Who does that hurt? Are you arguing that CAL did everything within their power to satisfy that customer? They didn't even come close. The only answer a lot of companies train their employees to give is "No." I've had jobs where I'm the person the customer deals with, and if I had acted the way I've seen a lot of "customer service professionals" act, I would've been out the door in a heartbeat! Companies (Airlines included/especially) need to wise up. If you don't have customers, you don't have a business. If everybody did what that musician did to United, we'd have better service in this country, that's for sure.

Calling something a non-refundable ticket is just a way to stick it to the customer if something beyond their control happerns. It's the result of greed and nothing more.
Where's Spanky when you need him?? Sounds as if he floated the preverbial biscut and left the building.

Beating the dead horse a bit more.....Do YOU KNOW if CAL had another flight going there later that day?? If you know all his business, maybe you can enlighten us to the specific details so that we may stop guessing the facts of his situation.

If you think that a non-refundable ticket is JUST A WAY TO STICK IT TO THE CUSTOMER, you have a lot to learn about marketing, fare classes, and the option the customer has when purchasing a "rock bottom blue light special", or the "full fare real deal" ticket. If he/she did buy a non-refundable/resticted fare, they got exactly what they bought....welcome to the real world my friend.

As we said earlier, the facts of the story would be nice before you interject all of your circus side show a$$umptions my friend.