View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 07:59 AM
satchip
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Flying the SEC

Originally Posted by Burn Notice View Post

What gives? Has ALPA national proscribed even the very mention of Scope? Or, is it just not a concern to DALPA?
Either way I think the bottom 5000 guys at DALPA better wake up or the bottom 2000 will be on the street, and the next 3000 will then be the bottom 3000.

Scoop
Everything has been well said. I think we have woken up, but the sleeping giant is hungover!! The word is slowly spreading, with 12 years, if they furlough 2000, I am back where I was 5-6 yrs ago. Just like right now I am getting paid what i made in 8 years ago! Guys hired in this time frame get it, but, IMHO, I don't know if they are bringing it up in conversation enough to get it in the forefront of thought of the more senior group. Just my meager .02 as a long time reader/new poster.
Burn Notice[/quote]

Ahh, you learn Grasshopper! It's not always about pay rates. Captains at the bottom of the list become what if we furlough 500-2000? F/Os in the middle become what if we subcontract more routes and hours?

Slow, you think we are Scope Chickens? We are nothing compared to the food fight going on between CAL EWR and the CAL MEC. It could get that bad here too. I fervently hope it dosen't.