View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Colnago
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

[quote=Ponch;644405]
Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
I'm trying to understand what happened today:

So today I tried hopping on a flight to Istanbul out of JFK. (DL72)
I checked the loads while I was at the airport, on Travelnet, maybe about an hour and a half prior to departure.

The loads on Travelnet looked like this:

Business Av/Au (14/15)
Coach Av/Au (-16/xx) [overbooked, of course]

Here's what's happening: In the past Delta would not bump up coach revenue passengers to Business Class, BUT they are now. I THINK most if not all are medallion flyers, not thats just a hunch. Got bumped off a flight ATL-LGW last year right after they started doing this. SO, to be sure of getting on, really check to make sure that coach isn't way oversold. It sucks, but thats what the powers that be have decided! Good luck!
Thanks.

I bet it's to alleviate not having to give compensation for volunteers during this high peak season. Those $600 vouchers would add up fast and so would the sequential loads. That really kills nonreving in these flights, though. It's too bad, but it's business, I guess.

Tomorrow's loads:

Business Av/Au (4/5)
Coach Av/Au (-16/6)

I'd be no. 3 in the standby list. The airport standby list shows 0.

I'm still gonna try it out. You never know 'til you try, obviously...but I'm thinking it's not gonna work out.

I was thinking of maybe just getting a ZED on Turkish Airlines. I would *imagine* the loads would be better since those tickets are priced WAY higher than Delta's. It's too bad they don't release load info to nonrevers.

Suggestions?