View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 07:49 AM
MaxKts
Part Time Employee

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Dispersing Green House Gasses on a Global Basis

Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
OMG!!! We might get sued! Panic attack!!!! Gimme Maalox NOW!!!

How's this instead: "Could you um, please--pretty please--maybe kinda hopefully not fly those DP's, because we're sort of sensitive, and it hurts our feelings, it's not an approved "green" activity, and it's just not...nice to do that. I beg you. Please???"

Better??

PS: Years back, I watched the Machinists fill up a malcontents Toyota to the ceiling with aircraft wheel grease, until it seeped out the windows, after he wouldn't play ball. Obviously that's extreme, and nobody's suggesting that here, but there's a difference between hardline and paralyzed by fear...

OK - my point wasn't we need to hide behind "might get sued" excuse (I'm really tired of hearing that from the ones elected to represent us)! I think the union should go after these dirt bags and put them on the spot. If they (the DP flyers) want to sue ALPA then let em try, they are already costing me money so if a little of my dues money goes to get it back then I'm OK with that.

My point was if an individual takes things into his own hands (website, public postings, etc) and goes after the slime ball DP flyers, that person will most likely end at the wrong end of a lawsuit.