View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 04:44 PM
bryris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: Hotel

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
Aviation is along road for most and you had better not enter it wanting to live like an accountant, or at least to live like one before you are thirty something.
Working on my CPA right now, that is funny.

To the OP:

Just keep on keeping on. Try to better yourself in every way you can. Inside aviation and out. If that means a slower pace on both fronts, so be it. It includes finishing your degree, doing your best to keep flying, and never burning bridges. I'd recommend a degree in something mechanical. By mechanical I mean in something that leads to a certification or a specific credential to DO something. A general business degree will do almost nothing for you. If you like business, choose accounting or finance. The other disciplines are useless.

Aviation as a career will always be a tough road. It will never give security or be easy on family. But it does offer things others jobs don't. It is matter of finding out what works for you.

I would at least keep striving for the CFI. Once you get that, you can make some money flying or at a minimum, fly for free. On that token, if you want to come down to Winter Haven airport (GIF), I can get you current again for the price of fuel and a little lunch money for my time. I've got a C150 we can fly. You mentioned ORL, so you musn't be too far north.