View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 07:49 AM
MaxKts
Part Time Employee

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Dispersing Green House Gasses on a Global Basis

Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
Heads up.

Skeds had me down for a 1 hr show from the Airport hotel, on a d/h from CAN-HKG. Not even close. Just clearing security took 1 + 20 alone. China Southern wasn't too bad, although the flight was empty. Not sure what was going on up front, but they dropped the gear at about 30 mile final. (?!?)

3 + 20 door to door to go 35 miles. (Hol Inn would add another 45 mins). Next time I think I'll drive.
Did you show up early? If you did you aren't helping the problem! The only way to fix problems like this is show as scheduled and miss the flight.

I had a Mon morning d/h out of MEM a few years back and showed up in ops at the scheduled show time. Everyone there asked why I was so late and probably would not make the flight. I responded with "not my problem, I'm here as scheduled." Their response was everyone else shows up early. I made the flight only because it was delayed. We used to have extra time for d/h show in the pairings (i.e. more pay if on the front end) but everyone did such a great job of showing up early they took it out. Once again - we are our own worst enemy!