View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Copperhed51
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by freezingflyboy View Post
I think its awesome that we are sitting her debating who gets a better box of thrown together crap. If a box of mystery meat, processed cheese spread, trail mix or a bag of chips and a sandwich the size of your fist are that important to you then maybe you just need to plan ahead for yourself and pack food. Alternatively you could *gasp* crack that wallet open and buy something once in a while. I realize that sometimes time is the issue and that the food in the airport gets boring (an unhealthy!) so packing snacks and stuff are probably your best bet to keep from going hungry.

Good luck finding the time to crack open the wallet on a 10-minute turn. I generally go all day without the opportunity to eat or drink anything. I'm tired and dehydrated at the end of most of my days. Combine that with no autopilot, fms, apu, flight attendant, or gps and it all adds up to me being fatigued as hell most days. For me, that's why a crew meal would be important. Oh, and it's hard for me to afford to crack the wallet open on my poverty level wage.