View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 04:59 PM
aseweepay
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: seated, but sometimes I get up and walk around

Originally Posted by CactusCrew View Post
There's nothing to get. I read it in your post and copied !

The doubters will argue ... what if we lose ? They keep doing what they are doing.

At least we know we need a better fix in 2012.

I want the jobs, not the people added to our list. The current approach may only net us the people. Unless we have some savy negotiating going on behind closed doors ...

I agree...especially when I talk with some of the managers and they tell me they have no interest in joining the list....if we could get it agreed to (will it be snowing in hell in 2012 ????) I like the suggestion someone else had of enforcing and strengthening the scope clause while agreeing to end any efforts to bring the managers onto our list and under our union while also ending the hiring of flight qualified managers, thus over time they are replaced by IPA members as needed....or maybe ratio the number of managers to pilots...we have too many now at roughly 10%, but if we could freeze it at that or less it would at least guarantee that some managers are let go if the pilot force is reduced....even better would be to stop all management flying if there is a reduction in force etc etc etc....I could go on and on......as we all could.....